1161 — Siemens completes acquisition of Insight Consulting

Mar 16, 2004 | Conteúdos Em Ingles

Siemens has completed the purchase of Insight Consulting. The acquisition of the remaining 49 per cent stake in Insight Consulting sees Siemens take complete ownership of the Walton on Thames-based company. Siemens acquired 51 percent ownership of the company in 2001. This agreement transfers the remaining 49 per cent of the company to Siemens ownership. Insight Consulting, which employs 55 people, will become a business unit within Siemens Communications and will continue to use the Insight Consulting brand name. Both parties refused to disclose the terms of the agreement.

Insight Consulting has built a profile in the marketplace since its inception in 1991, providing a range of solutions and services for information security, business continuity and risk management. The company’s expertise extends across the entire security value chain, from policy and strategy formulation, developing education, training and awareness programmes through to solution delivery and support.

‘Security and risk management continue to be business critical factors in the design and implementation of communications networks, and this is especially true in the growing areas of converged IP networks, wireless communications and identity management,’ explains Graham Walker, managing director, Siemens Communications. ‘Completing the purchase of Insight Consulting adds to, and complements, our existing security portfolio, ensuring that we continue to deliver the most comprehensive and effective security services and solutions to both customer bases.’

The importance of security and risk management is emphasised in the DTI’s biennial Information Security Breaches Survey, due to be published in April 2004, according to which, half of UK businesses fell victim to a security attack on their network last year, an increase of 25 per cent on the previous year.