598 — Ericsson creates new Mobile Messaging company with Brainheart Capital

Apr 7, 2003 | Conteúdos Em Ingles

Ericsson has created a new company to accelerate the development of mobile messaging products. The new company will be owned and managed by Ericsson and the investment company Brainheart Capital.

The major technology is contributed by Ericsson and Brainheart will make a financial investment and to contribute with selected parts from the portfolio-company Mobeon. The new company will sell unified messaging solutions such as mobile access to e-mail, voicemail, fax, and so on, to both operators and enterprises. All of the approximately 65 employees at Ericsson’s R&D facility in Sundsvall, Sweden , will be transferred to the new company.

The key contribution from Ericsson will be technology and resources from the successful Messaging over IP platform , which will continue to be marketed by Ericsson towards mobile operators.

The key contribution from Mobeon will be the leading enterprise mobile messaging platform mPIM, which already forms the core of Ericsson’s Mobile Organizer platform.

Ericsson will assume 40% ownership of the new company with the remaining 60% being held by Brainheart. Closing of the deal is expected in early May after approval from the Swedish Competition Authority.